EmployerStar Mechanical Edm Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 19, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $36.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 8  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 19, 2021
Star Mechanical Edm Ltd.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Supervise other workers
- Schedule personnel, tools and equipment
- Instruct apprentices
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Medical Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- RRSP Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- Other Benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.