EmployerYe Olde Plumber Ltd
Date PostedDecember 17, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $35.00 to $36.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 45 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jan 28, 2022
Ye Olde Plumber Ltd
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- Plumbing Technology/Plumber
- Plumbing and RelatedWater Supply Services, Other
- Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician (HAC, HACR, HVAC, HVACR)
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Plumber Trade Certification
5 years or more
Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment
Area of Specialization
Types of Systems
- Vessels and boilers
- Plumbing, cold water and drain lines
- Air conditioning system
- Search, locate and repair reported water leaks
- Repair and maintain boilers and heavy-metal products
- Ensure electrical and plumbing installations meet government regulation
- Determine nature, cause and location of trouble
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
Steel-toed safety boots
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
Computer and Technology Knowledge
Equipment, Systems and Controls Experience
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jan 28, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.