EmployerApex Mechanical Plumbing & heating Ltd
Date PostedJune 10, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $40.00 to $42.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 39 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 10, 2022
Apex Mechanical Plumbing & heating Ltd
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Plumber Trade Certification
- Gas Fitter Red Seal Certificate
- Backflow prevention Certification
Experience an asset
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- What is your current field of study?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.