EmployerWhite's Plumbin & Heating (Taber) Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 24, 2022
Location Taber, AB
Earnings $33.00 to $36.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 08, 2022
White's Plumbin & Heating (Taber) Ltd.
- or equivalent experience
- Various locations
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Instruct apprentices
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Professionalism in customer service
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Plumber Trade Certification
Area of specialization
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
2 years to less than 3 years
Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.