EmployerIVIS Construction Inc
Date PostedMay 03, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $24.50 to $29.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 80 to 100 hours bi-weekly
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 02, 2022
IVIS Construction Inc
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Traffic Control Person (TCP) Certification
- Traffic Control Signage (TWS) Certification
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Trampers (Jumping Jack)
- Small front end loaders
- Mortar and concrete mixers
- Concrete saws
- Concrete vibrators
- Chain saw
- Air compressors
- Reciprocating saws
- Circular saws
- Grinding machine
2 years to less than 3 years
- Water mains
- Underground and tunnel work
- Industrial, commercial and institutional
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Read and interpret blueprints
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
Health care plan
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
Full time enrollment
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 02, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to sort, clean and pile salvaged materials; in removing rubble and other debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment; in cleaning up chemical spills and other contaminants, and removing asbestos and other hazardous materials; and in directing traffic at, or near, construction sites
Interest in operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers; and in tending and feeding machines and equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps
Interest in assisting to drill and blast rock, to align pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction and to demolish buildings using prying bars and other tools
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.