There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerIVIS Construction Inc
Date PostedMarch 07, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $24.50 to $31.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 80 to 100 hours bi-weekly
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 06, 2023
IVIS Construction Inc
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
- Read and interpret blueprints
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) training
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Traffic Control Person (TCP) Certification
- Traffic Control Signage (TWS) Certification
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Equipment and machinery experience
- Concrete vibrators
- Reciprocating saws
- Circular saws
- Concrete saws
- Mortar and concrete mixers
- Grinding machine
- Air compressors
- Trampers (Jumping Jack)
- Small front end loaders
- Chain saw
- Industrial, commercial and institutional
- Underground and tunnel work
- Water mains
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
2 years to less than 3 years
Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site amenities
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing to sort, clean and pile salvaged materials; in removing rubble and other debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment; in cleaning up chemical spills and other contaminants, and removing asbestos and other hazardous materials; and in directing traffic at, or near, construction sites
Interest in operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers; and in tending and feeding machines and equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps
Interest in assisting to drill and blast rock, to align pipes and perform related activities during oil and gas pipeline construction and to demolish buildings using prying bars and other tools
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.