There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Labourer, Grounds Maintenance
EmployerBlue Grass Ltd.
Date PostedMarch 14, 2023
Location Rocky View, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 12  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 13, 2023
Blue Grass Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Sports field
- Rural area
- Various locations
- Landscape maintenance
- On-site customer service
- Park and recreation sites
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Cut grass
- Rake and collect refuse
- Remove litter and garbage
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Lay sod or seed
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Apply fertilizers
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
Equipment and machinery experience
- Chain saw
- Pick-up truck
- Small engine equipment
- Tractor mower
- Weed trimmer/edger
Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.