Labourer, Oil Field
EmployerStream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Date PostedOctober 21, 2021
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $23.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 12, 2021
Stream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Hydrocarbon Gas Hazards and Detection course
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Rig Worker Fall Protection
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) basic safety orientation (BSO)
1 year to less than 2 years
Write daily basic progress reports
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Drilling and well service contractor
- Manipulate sections of pipes or drill stems at rig floor during drilling and during removal and replacement of pipes, drill stems and drill bits
- Handle, sort and move drill pipes, tools, cement and other materials
- Drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
- Clean up rig areas
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- Assist other workers to maintain drilling equipment on drill floor
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- 20/20 vision
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Medical Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- RRSP Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- Other Benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to handle, sort and move drill tools, pipes, cement and other materials, and to clean up rig areas; may drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Interest in operating equipment to manipulate sections of pipes and drill stems at rig floors during drilling and for removal and replacement of strings of pipes, drill stems and bits
Interest in maintaining drilling equipment on drill floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.