Labourer, Oil Field
EmployerStream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 20, 2022
Location Red Deer County, AB
Earnings $23.00 to $28.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 20, 2022
Stream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
Drilling and well service contractor
- Manipulate sections of pipes or drill stems at rig floor during drilling and during removal and replacement of pipes, drill stems and drill bits
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Assist other workers to maintain drilling equipment on drill floor
- Handle, sort and move drill pipes, tools, cement and other materials
- Clean up rig areas
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- Drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate
- Hydrocarbon Gas Hazards and Detection course
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Forklift Operator Certification
Security and safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- 20/20 vision
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Steel-toed safety boots
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Free parking available
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to handle, sort and move drill tools, pipes, cement and other materials, and to clean up rig areas; may drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Interest in operating equipment to manipulate sections of pipes and drill stems at rig floors during drilling and for removal and replacement of strings of pipes, drill stems and bits
Interest in maintaining drilling equipment on drill floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.