Labourer, Oil Field
EmployerStream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 17, 2023
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 16, 2023
Stream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
Drilling and well service contractor
- Manipulate sections of pipes or drill stems at rig floor during drilling and during removal and replacement of pipes, drill stems and drill bits
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Assist other workers to maintain drilling equipment on drill floor
- Handle, sort and move drill pipes, tools, cement and other materials
- Clean up rig areas
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- Drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) basic safety orientation (BSO)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate
- Hydrocarbon Gas Hazards and Detection course
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Rig Worker Fall Protection
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
- Forklift Operator Certification
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- 20/20 vision
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Steel-toed safety boots
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 year to less than 2 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to handle, sort and move drill tools, pipes, cement and other materials, and to clean up rig areas; may drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Interest in operating equipment to manipulate sections of pipes and drill stems at rig floors during drilling and for removal and replacement of strings of pipes, drill stems and bits
Interest in maintaining drilling equipment on drill floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.