Land Surveying Party Chief
EmployerGeoTrek Land Survey
Date PostedJune 15, 2022
Location Fort McMurray, AB
Earnings $40.00 to $55.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 121 to 300 hours per month
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 15, 2022
GeoTrek Land Survey
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Field Skills Experience
- Total station operation
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
5 years or more
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Supervise other land surveyors and/or field crews
- Private sector land surveying establishments
- Natural resources
- Construction company
- Engineering firm
- Advise and provide consultation on matters related to legal surveys
- Record all measurements and other information obtained during survey activities
- Plan, direct and supervise or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries of properties
- Determine precise locations using electronic distance measuring equipment
- Oil and gas exploration
- Mining claims
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- On-site customer service
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
On the road job
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Gasoline paid
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Transportation provided by employer
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to develop plans, methods and procedures for conducting legal surveys, and to analyze, manage and display data using geographic information systems (GIS) and computer-aided design and drafting (CAD)
Interest in precision working with GIS, GPS, CAD and other systems and equipment to record measurements and other information and to prepare survey data, plans, charts, records and documents
Interest in supervising the preparation and compilation of data, plans, charts, records and documents; and in certifying and assuming liability for surveys
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.