There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerAlpha Better Landscaping Inc.
Date PostedMarch 16, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 50 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 40  Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 15, 2023
Alpha Better Landscaping Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Sports field
- Various locations
- Landscape maintenance
- Park and recreation sites
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Cut grass
- Rake and collect refuse
- Remove litter and garbage
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Lay sod or seed
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
Security and safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.