Date PostedJune 13, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 50 hours per week
Position Seasonal Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 27, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Weed trimmer/edger
- Sprayer or duster
- Sod cutter
- Small engine equipment
- Pick-up truck
- Tractor mower
2 years to less than 3 years
- Private residence
- Park and recreation sites
- Landscape contractor
- Landscape maintenance
- Golf course
- Cemetery or crematorium
- Sports field
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Remove litter and garbage
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Lay sod or seed
- Cut grass
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Apply fertilizers
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Rake and collect refuse
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety vest
- Cellular phone
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.