EmployerThe Landscape Artist Inc.
Date PostedNovember 08, 2022
Location Foothills, AB
Earnings $17.50 to $24.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 55 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 12  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 08, 2022
The Landscape Artist Inc.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Urban area
- Rural area
- Landscape contractor
- Various locations
- On-site customer service
- Private residence
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Rake and collect refuse
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Lay sod or seed
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Apply fertilizers
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
Equipment and machinery experience
- Chain saw
- Pick-up truck
- Small engine equipment
- Sod cutter
- Sprayer or duster
- Weed trimmer/edger
Astro-turf/game field materials
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety vest
- Ear plugs
- Cellular phone
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
1 to less than 7 months
On the road job
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.