There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerTakla Maintenance Corporation
Date PostedMay 09, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $21.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 50 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 08, 2023
Takla Maintenance Corporation
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Golf course
- Sports field
- Landscape contractor
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Landscape maintenance
- Cemetery or crematorium
- Park and recreation sites
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Cut grass
- Rake and collect refuse
- Remove litter and garbage
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Lay sod or seed
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety vest
- Cellular phone
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
2 years to less than 3 years
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine". Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.