There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerPeter Hughes Landscape Ltd.
Date PostedMay 23, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $28.85 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 35 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 22, 2023
Peter Hughes Landscape Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Hire, supervise and schedule staff
- Plan and direct grounds maintenance
- Organize and direct planting of trees, gardens and lawns
- Plan and estimate labour and materials
- Organize and direct construction of fences, decks and walls
- Plan, manage and supervise landscape construction work
- Maintain work records and logs
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Resolve work related problems
Equipment and machinery experience
- Pick-up truck
- Small engine equipment
- Sod cutter
- Tractor mower
Area of specialization
- Lawn care
- Grounds maintenance
- Landscape construction
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
2 years to less than 3 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising and hiring staff; and in controlling the operations of maintenance services
Interest in organizing and directing the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and hedges, and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements for contracts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.