EmployerHOLIDAY INN EXPRESS HOTEL & SUITES HOTEL
Date PostedJanuary 05, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $15.15 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 01, 2023
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS HOTEL & SUITES HOTEL
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches and other solutions and chemicals
- Operate dry cleaning and washing machines, dryers and blow drying machines to clean and dry garments, draperies, cushion covers, sheets, blankets, furs and other articles
- Operate machines to dye, spray, re-oil, and re-buff suede and leather garments
- Hand fold and bag shirts, sheets and other articles
- Hand iron laundered fine linens or dry-cleaned silk garments
- Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
- Operate fur ironing and glazing equipment to finish fur garments and other fur articles
- Assemble and bag finished articles
- Check finished dry-cleaned or laundered articles to ensure that establishment standards are met
- Match invoices or tags with dry-cleaned or laundered articles
- Record damage or improper cleaning or laundering of articles
- Use hand-held steam iron to touch up finished garments and other articles
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating machines to dry-clean dresses, suits, coats, sweaters and other garments, draperies, cushion covers and other articles, and to use washing machines and dryers to clean and dry garments, sheets, blankets, towels and other articles
Interest in comparing to dry-clean and launder garments and household articles
Interest in using specialized machines to clean and blow-dry fur garments, and to dry-clean, dye, spray, re-oil and re-buff suede and leather garments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.