Lawn Care Supervisor
EmployerGOLDSTAR BDB LTD.
Date PostedSeptember 13, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 13, 2022
GOLDSTAR BDB LTD.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Private residence
- On-site customer service
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Remove litter and garbage
- Cut grass
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Apply fertilizers
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Rake and collect refuse
Type of related experience
Equipment and machinery experience
- Pick-up truck
- Small engine equipment
- Sod cutter
- Weed trimmer/edger
- Sprayer or duster
Area of work experience
Area of specialization
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel regularly
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Repetitive tasks
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety equipment/gear
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Ear plugs
- Cellular phone
- Client focus
- Team player
- Efficient interpersonal skills
7 months to less than 1 year
On the road job
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising and hiring staff; and in controlling the operations of maintenance services
Interest in organizing and directing the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and hedges, and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements for contracts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.