EmployerShortgrass Library System
Date PostedNovember 17, 2022
Location Medicine Hat, AB
Earnings $78,529.00 to $96,581.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 36.25 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 27, 2022
Shortgrass Library System
Work site environment
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Supervise staff
- Conduct library information and orientation training programs and tours
- Develop systems to access library collections
- Perform related administrative duties and supervise library technicians, assistants and clerks
Method of classification and/or cataloguing
- Canadian subject headings
- Copy and original cataloguing
- Dewey decimal classification
- Library of Congress (LC) subject headings
- Statistical analysis
- Quantitative research
Computer and technology knowledge
- Bibliographic standards or open systems interconnection standards
- Bibliographic data system
- Data administration
- Information technology
Type of documents
- Technical reports
- Foreign language materials
- Special materials (e.g., audio-cassettes, videos, maps, microform, educational kits, etc.)
- Electronic media (e.g., CD, DVD, USB key, etc.)
Type of online databases
Security and safety
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Large workload
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
5 years or more
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Pension plan
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating on-line and interactive media reference searches and conducting manual searches; and in making interlibrary loans and performing other functions using Internet and CD-ROM media to assist users in accessing library materials
Interest in instructing and assisting users in finding library materials; and in providing specialized programs for children, seniors and other groups
Interest in co-ordinating library information and orientation training sessions; and in supervising library technicians, assistants and clerks
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.