Date PostedMay 03, 2022
Location Canmore, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $18.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 15 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 02, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Portion and wrap foods
- Package take-out food
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Conventional oven
1 to less than 7 months
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
Kitchen Helpers Skills
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Free parking available
- Team building opportunities
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 02, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.