EmployerGrande Prairie Regional Agricultural & Exhibition Society
Date PostedJune 22, 2022
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 45 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 06, 2022
Grande Prairie Regional Agricultural & Exhibition Society
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Second cook
- First cook
- Line cook
- Prep cook
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Food Safety Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Fast food outlet or concession
- Catering firm
- Central food commissary
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
On-site recreation and activities
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to monitor food and supplier inventory
Interest in precision working to prepare and cook complete meals and individual dishes and foods, and to prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitians and chefs
Interest in supervising kitchen helpers; and in overseeing subordinate personnel in the preparation, cooking and handling of food
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.