Lineworker-Technician - Telecommunications
Date PostedJune 15, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 14, 2021
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Test equipment to locate transmission faults
- Splice, join and connect wires
- Repair or replace defective telephone equipment
- Install trunking systems, circuits and equipment
- Inspect and test trunking systems
- Determine nature, cause and location of trouble
- Install and maintain aerial and underground telephone equipment
How to Apply
Aug 14, 2021
Interest in precision working to splice and repair various types and sizes of telephone and other telecommunication cables, including single line, coaxial and fibre optic; may operate excavation machinery and other heavy equipment
Interest in compiling information to repair telecommunication lines, cables and various types of telephone and other telecommunication cables
Interest in speaking with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of assignments
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.