There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Liquor Store Supervisor
EmployerRoyal Imperial Liquor Store
Date PostedMay 19, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 7.5 to 24 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 18, 2023
Royal Imperial Liquor Store
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- In shop
- Liquor and wine store
- Assign sales workers to duties
- Hire and train or arrange for training of staff
- Order merchandise
- Authorize return of merchandise
- Establish work schedules
- Sell merchandise
- Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Administer first-aid and other assistance
- Supervise staff (apprentices, stages hands, design team, etc.)
- Operate cash register
- Provide advice about merchandise
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Assist in display of merchandise
Type of product
- Beer and spirits
Security and safety
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Excellent written communication
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Time management
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in selling merchandise to customers and resolving problems such as customer complaints and supply shortages
Interest in co-ordinating information to maintain specified inventory, order merchandise and prepare work schedules
Interest in supervising by assigning duties to workers; and in authorizing payments by cheque and the return of merchandise, and in hiring and training or arranging for the training of new staff
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.