Live-In Caregiver, Child Care
Date PostedMay 13, 2022
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $17.95 hourly
Work Hours 38 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 12, 2022
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Experience an asset
Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years)
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Supervise and care for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Help children with homework
Supervise and care for twins
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Reference required
Work Site Environment
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Room and board provided
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
Health care plan
- On-site housing options
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 12, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.