Live-In Caregiver, Child Care
EmployerCovenant Canadian Services Solutions
Date PostedJune 16, 2022
Location Woolchester, AB
Earnings $17.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 42 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 16, 2022
Covenant Canadian Services Solutions
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Child Development
- Child Care Provider/Assistant
5 years or more
School age (6 - 12 years)
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Supervise and care for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Help children with homework
Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Child welfare check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Room and board provided
- Willing to relocate
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
On-site housing options
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.