Live-In Caregiver, Child Care
Date PostedJuly 28, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $16.65 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 11, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- Employer's home
- Urban area
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Help children with homework
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Mental health first aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
- School age (6 - 12 years)
Experience with Special Needs Children
Children with allergies
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Criminal record check
- Medical exam
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
Vehicle supplied by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- On-site housing options
- On-site recreation and activities
- Transportation provided by employer
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.