There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Live-In Caregiver, Child Care
Date PostedMay 24, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 23, 2023
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Employer's home
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Help children with homework
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Medical exam
- Public transportation is available
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Health care plan
- Free parking available
- Transportation provided by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.