Live-In Caregiver - Persons With Disabilities
Date PostedJuly 22, 2021
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 05, 2021
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
- Urban area
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Aug 05, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.