Live-In Caregiver - Persons With Disabilities
EmployerFamily Managed supports
Date PostedMay 03, 2022
Location Bezanson, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 176 hours per month
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 02, 2022
Family Managed supports
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience with Special Needs Children
- Assistance with mobility
- Children with diabetes
1 year to less than 2 years
Care for pets
More than 100 kg (220 lbs)
Work Experience with Special Needs Students
Assistance with personal hygiene
Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Mend clothing and linens
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Collect specimens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Perform general cleaning duties (i.e. sweeping, mopping floors)
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Administer medications
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
- Staff accommodation provided
- Room and board provided
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
Executive Chefs Specific Skills
Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 02, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.