Live-In Caregiver - Persons With Disabilities
Date PostedMay 30, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $19.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 13, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Certificate of Conduct
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Between 81 and 100 kg (177-220 lbs)
Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Mend clothing and linens
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Collect specimens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Persons with a disability
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Immunization records
- Tuberculosis test
- Criminal record check
- Adult Abuse Registry
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
- Staff accommodation provided
- Room and board provided
- Urban area
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Are you currently a student?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.