Live-In Caregiver - Persons With Disabilities
Date PostedJune 15, 2022
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $18.50 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 36 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 15, 2022
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Personal Support Worker Certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Care for pets
Between 81 and 100 kg (177-220 lbs)
Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Provide personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Administer medications
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Persons with a disability
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
Work Site Environment
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Room and board provided
- Urban area
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Health care plan
- On-site amenities
- On-site housing options
- Free parking available
- Transportation provided by employer
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.