Live-In Caregiver - Persons With Disabilities
EmployerEvert Beyer, Jannie Beyer
Date PostedAugust 03, 2022
Location Coalhurst, AB
Earnings $18.78 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 02, 2022
Evert Beyer, Jannie Beyer
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work Site Environment
- Room and board provided
- Rural area
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Persons with physical disabilities
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Vulnerable sector check
- Public transportation is not available
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel regularly
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Handling heavy loads
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
1 to less than 7 months
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Free parking available
- On-site housing options
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.