Live-In Caregiver - Seniors
EmployerBerean Church of God International - Edmonton
Date PostedJune 07, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $19.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Aug 04, 2022
Berean Church of God International - Edmonton
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Geriatric Certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
Area of Practice - Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists
- Excellent oral communication
Health care plan
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.