Live-In Caregiver - Seniors
Date PostedJanuary 25, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.25 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 24, 2023
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Room and board provided
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Persons with a disability
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- Vulnerable sector check
Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
Between 61 and 80 kg (133-176 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
2 years to less than 3 years
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.