Machinist, CNC (Computer Numerical Control)
EmployerStream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 20, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 20, 2022
Stream-Flo Industries Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Set up and adjust production machineries/tools
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Machinist Trade Certification
Equipment and machinery experience
- Automatic lathes
- Boring machines
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Jig grinder
- Milling machines
- Surface grinders
- Tool grinders
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Overtime required
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Free parking available
- Wellness program
- Jobs for Ukraine: This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.