EmployerBison Machining Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 14, 2022
Location Longview, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $17.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 8 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 14, 2022
Bison Machining Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Agricultural equipment
- General manufacturing
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Repair machine tools and parts
- Set up and adjust production machineries/tools
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
Equipment and machinery experience
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Drill presses
- Engine lathes
- Milling machines
- Sawing machine
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
2 years to less than 3 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.