EmployerSaturn Machine Works Ltd.
Date PostedJanuary 10, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 80 hours bi-weekly
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jan 24, 2022
Saturn Machine Works Ltd.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Machinist Red Seal Endorsment
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Engine lathes
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
Experience an asset
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Repair machine tools and parts
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- RRSP Benefits
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jan 24, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.