EmployerBP Machine Ltd.
Date PostedJune 14, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $32.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 03, 2022
BP Machine Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Tool grinders
- Gear cutting machine
2 years to less than 3 years
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Set up and adjust production machineries/tools
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.