Maintenance And Repair Plumber
EmployerRR Calgary Plumbing & Drains Ltd.
Date PostedSeptember 19, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 03, 2022
RR Calgary Plumbing & Drains Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
- Various locations
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Estimate costs and materials
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Backflow prevention Certification
- Plumber Trade Certification
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Plumber Red Seal Certificate
- Level one apprenticeship training
- Level two apprenticeship training
- Level three apprenticeship training
- Level four apprenticeship training
- Level five apprenticeship training
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Work under pressure
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
3 years to less than 5 years
On the road job
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Gasoline paid
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Travel insurance
- Variable or compressed work week
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.