Date PostedNovember 17, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $27.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 15, 2022
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Work site environment
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts
- Fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up
- Estimate costs and materials
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Operate machining tools to fabricate parts
- Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation)
- Installing machinery and equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification
- Construction Millwright Trade Certification
- First Aid Certificate
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Oxy-acetylene welding (OAW)
Equipment and machinery experience
- Power tools
- Press brakes and metalworking equipment
- Pumps and compressors
- Tool grinders
- Welding equipment
- Hand tools
Area of specialization
- Rigging and handling
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Steel-toed safety boots
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
3 years to less than 5 years
Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and assembling machinery and equipment before installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
Interest in analyzing information to inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions, to adjust machinery and to repair and replace defective parts; and in installing, trouble-shooting and maintaining power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
Interest in speaking with other workers to direct them in constructing foundations for machinery; and in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.