Maintenance Worker, Building
EmployerBasecamp Property Management Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 12, 2022
Location Canmore, AB
Earnings $21.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jan 26, 2022
Basecamp Property Management Ltd
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Office building
- Apartment/condominium complex
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Dormitory or student residence
- Driver's abstract
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Power tools
- Industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers
- Power lawn mowers
- Swimming pool maintenance and cleaning equipment
Administrative and Coordination Skills
Contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment
Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents Specific Skills
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Work with minimal supervision
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Perform minor repairs on appliances
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jan 26, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying instructions to clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their grounds; to contract tradespersons for major repairs; and to ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment
Interest in operating - manipulating industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse; to sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs; to clear snow and ice from walkways and parking areas; and to cut grass and tend grounds
Interest in making adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems; and in performing routine maintenance jobs and repairs such as painting
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.