Posted on Apr 13, 2021 by Zee Cuts Ltd
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $35.64 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 13, 2021
Zee Cuts Ltd
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Hair Styling Techniques
- Pin curls
- Hair braiding
1 year to less than 2 years
Hire, train and supervise staff
Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Sell merchandise
- Plan and control budget and inventory
- Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
- Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
- Assign sales workers to duties
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
Ability to Supervise
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Apply hair extensions
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 13, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising staff; in establishing policies and procedures for staff; and in directing, controlling and evaluating the operations of the establishment
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan and control budgets and inventories; and in implementing policies and procedures for staff
Interest in managing contracts for advertising and marketing strategies
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.