Mathematics Teacher - Secondary School
EmployerGIVING SMILE INC.
Date PostedNovember 22, 2021
Location Work from home
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 3 to 9 hours bi-weekly
Position Temporary Part Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 22, 2021
GIVING SMILE INC.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers' association or federation
- Provincial or Territorial Teaching Certificate
5 years or more
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Provide tutoring assistance
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Develop course content
- Assign and correct homework
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
905-625-6078 Business Hours: 08:00 AM - 06:30 PM
Dec 22, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops; may advise students on course selection and on vocational and personal matters
Interest in co-ordinating information to prepare materials for academic, technical, vocational and specialized subjects and examinations, and to prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
Interest in instructing students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies; and in assigning and correcting homework, and administering and correcting examinations; may supervise student teachers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.