Meat Cutter - Retail Or Wholesale
EmployerVauxhall Meats 2004 Ltd.
Date PostedJuly 27, 2022
Location Vauxhall, AB
Earnings $21.00 to $27.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 04, 2022
Vauxhall Meats 2004 Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work Site Environment
- Butcher shop
- Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Remove bones from meat
- Weigh meats for sale
- Price meat products
- Sell meats to customers
- Grind meats
- Train meat cutters
- Make special sausages
- Slice cooked meats
- Prepare special orders
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Band saw
- Manual cutting utensil
- Power grinder
- Sausage machine
- Slicing machine
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to process customers' orders; and to maintain inventories and keep records of meat sales
Interest in precision working to grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines
Interest in determining the amounts and types of meat cuts to be prepared; may supervise other butchers and meat cutters
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.