Posted on Oct 14, 2020 by Polar Mobility Research Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $21.00 to $36.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Nov 13, 2020
Polar Mobility Research Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Major Work Area
- Pneumatic devices
- On-board diagnostics
- Electronic and solid state
- Computerized monitoring
- Electrical devices
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Red Seal Certificate
- Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification
- Transport Refrigeration Mechanic Trade Certification
- Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Completion of high school
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Provide customer service
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Built up (split system)
- Air motioning and circulation
Area of Specialization
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Nov 13, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure and cut piping and to measure and lay out reference points for installation
Interest in recharging systems with refrigerant, checking and testing regulators and calibrating systems; and in performing routine maintenance and servicing
Interest in analyzing information to repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation and heat-pump systems; and in installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.