Mechanic, Heating And Cooling
EmployerPolar Mobility Research Ltd.
Date PostedJuly 19, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $21.00 to $37.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 08, 2022
Polar Mobility Research Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work Site Environment
- On-site customer service
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Provide customer service
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Red Seal Certificate
- Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate
- Transport Refrigeration Mechanic Trade Certification
- Computerized monitoring
- Electrical devices
- Electronic and solid state
- Pneumatic devices
- On-board diagnostics
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Air motioning and circulation
- Built up (split system)
Area of Work Experience
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Steel-toed safety boots
3 years to less than 5 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure and cut piping and to measure and lay out reference points for installation
Interest in recharging systems with refrigerant, checking and testing regulators and calibrating systems; and in performing routine maintenance and servicing
Interest in analyzing information to repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation and heat-pump systems; and in installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.