EmployerCanada Steel Works Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 09, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $48.10 hourly
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 25, 2022
Canada Steel Works Ltd.
- Bachelor's degree
- or equivalent experience
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Design power plants, machines and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation of mechanical systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates
Security and safety
Basic security clearance
- Willing to travel
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs, and to investigate mechanical failures and unexpected maintenance problems
Interest in precision working to design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment; and to analyze the dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists and other engineers; and in overseeing the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites and in industrial facilities, in providing guidance to industrial maintenance crews, and in approving designs, calculations and cost estimates
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.