Medical Administrative Assistant
EmployerThree Hills Dental Clinic
Date PostedOctober 29, 2021
Location Three Hills, AB
Earnings $26.50 hourly
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 27, 2021
Three Hills Dental Clinic
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
Area of Work Experience
- Reports and records
- Manuscripts, publications or theses
- Financial statements
- Charts, tables, graphs and diagrams
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- Electronic mail
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Perform general clerical work, such as order supplies and maintain inventory
- Maintain filing system
- Interview patients to obtain case histories
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software
- Monitor insurance claims and respond to clients' enquiries
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Large caseload
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 27, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to schedule and confirm medical appointments, to receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients, and to interview patients
Interest in operating computers and other office equipment; may train other staff in procedures and in use of current software
Interest in compiling information to complete documents, case histories and insurance and other claim forms, to maintain confidential medical files and records, and to order supplies and maintain inventory; may supervise other staff
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.