Medical Office Assistant
EmployerMartindale Medical Clinic
Date PostedNovember 30, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 15, 2024
Martindale Medical Clinic
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Obtain and process information required to provide services
- Order office supplies
- Record and relay information
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Receive and issue payments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Calculate billing charges
- Provide directory assistance
- Provide emergency services
- Relay service to persons with disabilities
- Perform data entry
- Provide customer service
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Ability to multitask
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking to greet people and provide information in person and by phone
Interest in compiling information to schedule appointments for employers; may perform clerical duties such as filing, and collecting and distributing mail and messages; may maintain security access lists
Interest in handling equipment such as telephones and computers; and in directing clients and customers to appropriate contacts and services; and may maintain front desk security
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.