Metal Fabrication Worker
EmployerC&A Industries Inc.
Date PostedJanuary 07, 2022
Location Lethbridge, AB
Earnings $32.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 06, 2022
C&A Industries Inc.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Lifting device
- Hand tools
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Sheet metal fabrication shop
- Metal products manufacturing company
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products
- Load and unload vehicle
- Immerse metal products in cleaning solutions
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers
- Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
- Read and interpret work orders
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Large workload
Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 06, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to clean work areas and equipment; and in loading and unloading vehicles using hand carts and dollies
Interest in operating metal-cleaning equipment such as wheelabrators, deburrers and shotblasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products
Interest in sorting metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.